Barry Gorelick was born in San Francisco and raised in Oakland. He attended the University of California Berkeley before getting his law degree with Honors at Golden Gate University.
Barry is a State Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation law and a Northern California Super Lawyer. He is a respected expert in the field of California Workers Compensation. He is a regular speaker at the California Applicant Attorney’s statewide convention. He has lectured upon a wide variety of subjects dealing with California Workers’ Compensation.
- Bar Admission: California State Bar #122281, Admitted 1985
- Certified Specialist: Workers Compensation
- AV Rating Martindale Hubbell
- Northern California Super Lawyer. 2004-present, inclusive
BA, U.C. Berkeley 1982;
JD with honors, Golden Gate University 1985. Law Review.
Law Offices of Barry P. Gorelick. 2006-present:
Workers Compensation Specialty Practice
Furtado, Jaspovice & Simons. 1999-2005
Managing Attorney – Workers Compensation Division
Duane, Lyman, Seltzer & Gorelick. 1993-1999; 1985-1988
Associate then Partner in Civil Litigation Firm.
Republic of Palau. 1992
Law Offices of Allan Gorelick. 1987-1991
Associate – Civil and Criminal Litigation.
California Tort Reporter. 1983-1984
California Applicants’ Attorney Association Conventions and Seminars (partial list)
- June 2002: “Permanent & Stationary – How is it determined?”
- August 2002: “Settlement Strategies – What works & what doesn’t.”
- January 2003: “AB749 Highlights & Strategies.”
- March 2003: “Managing a Caseload in the 21st Century.”
- June 2003: “Formulating the Case Plan.”
- September 2003: “Deposing Doctors.”
- January 2004: “Ethical Issues in Workers Compensation Practice.”
- June 2004: “Coordinating Dates of Injury.”
- December 2004: “Permanent Disability Rating
- June 2005: “Combo & Crossover Cases.”
- September 2005: “Rating the Doctors.”
- March 2007: “Surviving under the AMA”
- June 2007: “Enforcing Medical Awards”
- April 2008: “The Med Legal Report – Optimizing its Value” (Bronshvag)
- December 2008: “Total Disability and Labor Code 4662”
- March 2009: “Are you ready for the new QME reg’s?”
- October 2009: “Where the Rubber Meets the Road”
- June 2010: “ Rating Psychiatric Disability”
- October 2010: “The Ultimate Seminar”
- May 2011: “Mastering Trial Tactics”
- July 2011: “Back to Basics”
- January 2012: “The AMA Guides; Rebutting the Combined Values Chart”
Member: California Applicants’ Attorneys Association (Board of Governors 2002-present; Oakland Chapter President 2002-2004).
Jeffrey Wolfert grew up outside New York City before receiving his undergraduate degree from The University of Vermont. He was exposed to the law at a very early age since both of his parents were lawyers. His father worked in Real Estate Law and mother worked for Legal Aide representing underprivileged individuals in the New York City area. It was the stories of those being taken advantage of by insurance companies, employers, landlords, and medical providers that interested him in representing individuals. His first experience was in trademark and patent litigation. It was clear early on that he was not interested in representing large companies. He then assisted with representation of individuals with all aspects of Immigration Law. After passing the California State Bar, he began to work in Workers’ Compensation Law. His first opportunity to work in this area of law came from a large law firm representing the insurance companies. Here he gained vast incite on how the insurance companies process Workers’ Compensation claims and how many of them strategize against injured workers to limit their benefits. He left to use this experience with representing injured workers’ in their claims against insurance companies.
Jeffrey has handled hundreds if not thousands of cases on both sides of the Workers’ Compensation issues. He has gone to trial on many of the cases but also knows when cases should be settled. He prides himself on building good relationships with his clients to ensure that they are heard throughout their litigation process, which can often be stressful to his clients.
He received his law degree from Golden Gate University in 2001, and has a B.S. in Political Science from The University of Vermont in Burlington Vermont. He has been with Law Offices of Barry P Gorelick since 2009. Before joining the firm, Jeffrey was employed by Laughlin Falbo, Levy and Moresi, Van Der Hout & Bragagliano and Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation (Including Serious and Willful and LC 132a Penalties)
- Subsequent Injuries Benefits Trust Fund
- Uninsured Employment Benefit Trust Fund
- California, 2001
- Certified Specialist Workers Compensation
- Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California – J.D.
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont – B.S.
Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association East Bay Chapter President 2011-2013
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association Member 2009 through Present
- Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers’ Association 2013 through Present 2011 – Present
- Speaker San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association Winter Conference 2013
- Speaker CAAA Rating Conference