• Workers…
    Workers' Compensation Specialists Serving Berkeley, East Bay and S.F.
  • phone
    Free Consultations (510) 272-0300
  • espanol
    Se Habla Español

Benefits Due

Why Did My Workers’ Compensation Checks Stop and What Should I Do?

The statutory maximum number of weeks to receive temporary total disability (TTD) and/or temporary partial disability (TPD) is 104 weeks, depending on the date of the injury. (Pre-2005 dates of injuries have a different way of calculating the maximum entitled, so checking with an attorney is recommended.) Once the TTD is stopped, either because you […]

Continue Reading

How much money am I going to get for my injury?

Permanent Disability is a benefit that compensates you for your injury. At the end of your case, your treating doctor or evaluating doctor (Agreed Medical Evaluator or Qualified Medical Evaluator) will write a report describing your “permanent disability.” This happens after your condition is “permanent and stationary.” Permanent Disability benefits will never make you whole. […]

Continue Reading

Can I sue my employer for pain and suffering?

No. When you are injured on the job, you get workers compensation benefits only. There is no payment for pain and suffering. Workers’ compensation benefits are the exclusive remedy for a workplace injury.

Continue Reading

Will I get fully compensated for my lost earnings?

No. Workers’ compensation benefits are often inadequate. As compensation for lost earnings, you get temporary disability and permanent disability payments. There is no dollar for dollar payment for lost earnings. Lost earnings in most cases are grossly undercompensated. The longer you remain off work, the more money you lose.

Continue Reading

How long does the Workers Compensation insurance company continue to pay me?

It depends. There are two monetary benefits: Temporary Total Disability/Temporary Partial and Permanent Disability. Temporary Disability is a disability benefit paid while you are off work, healing from the effects of an injury. It is usually the first benefit you receive and is considered wage loss or wage replacement. Many people call this benefit “workers’ […]

Continue Reading