Jeffrey B. Wolfert, Esq.
Jeffrey Wolfert grew up outside New York City before receiving his undergraduate degree from The University of Vermont. He was exposed to the law at a very early age since both of his parents were lawyers. His father worked in Real Estate Law and mother worked for Legal Aide representing underprivileged individuals in the New York City area. It was the stories of those being taken advantage of by insurance companies, employers, landlords, and medical providers that interested him in representing individuals. His first experience was in trademark and patent litigation. It was clear early on that he was not interested in representing large companies. He then assisted with representation of individuals with all aspects of Immigration Law. After passing the California State Bar, he began to work in Workers’ Compensation Law. His first opportunity to work in this area of law came from a large law firm representing the insurance companies. Here he gained vast incite on how the insurance companies process Workers’ Compensation claims and how many of them strategize against injured workers to limit their benefits. He left to use this experience with representing injured workers’ in their claims against insurance companies.
Jeffrey has handled hundreds if not thousands of cases on both sides of the Workers’ Compensation issues. He has gone to trial on many of the cases but also knows when cases should be settled. He prides himself on building good relationships with his clients to ensure that they are heard throughout their litigation process, which can often be stressful to his clients.
He received his law degree from Golden Gate University in 2001, and has a B.S. in Political Science from The University of Vermont in Burlington Vermont. He has been with Law Offices of Barry P Gorelick since 2009. Before joining the firm, Jeffrey was employed by Laughlin Falbo, Levy and Moresi, Van Der Hout & Bragagliano and Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation (Including Serious and Willful and LC 132a Penalties)
- Subsequent Injuries Benefits Trust Fund
- Uninsured Employment Benefit Trust Fund
- California, 2001
- Certified Specialist Workers Compensation
- Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California – J.D.
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont – B.S.
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association East Bay Chapter President 2011-2013
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association Member 2009 through Present
- Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers’ Association 2013 through Present 2011 – Present
- Speaker San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association Winter Conference 2013
- Speaker CAAA Rating Conference